Error Process for fixing error 1422

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Morning all. We've started getting error 1422 on our production db this morning. Our main DBA is off ill so I need to resolve it. What steps do I need to take?

oli

I've just started a conversation with you.
You'll find there a document that explains what you should do

Cringer

Staff member
Thanks - that's a good guide. Attaching here for others to see if that's ok?

cj_brandt

I can't see the attachment, but 1422 errors are related to index issues. We fix with idxfix - option 3.

Cringer

Staff member
Thanks cj - that's what I did. I was asked by the OP to remove the attachment as it has business specific stuff in it.

Cringer

Staff member
Hmmm the error re-occurred this morning on the same record. I've re-run idxfix and it reported that nothing needed fixing this time. And yet, when I try to delete the record I still get the error.
---------------------------
Error
SYSTEM ERROR: Index ErrorCostingIdx in Costing Details for recid 1141752647 could not be deleted. (1422)
OK

Any ideas? Ideally I don't want to have to take the db offline.

Cringer

Staff member
Had a bad day yesterday. I didn't realise you can use idxfix to delete the corrupted record. All sorted now.

cj_brandt

We have had a similar issue with the error 1422 and we run idxfix and it finds no errors. In that case our problem was with a unique index on the table. We ended up with null values in a column which had a unique index defined for it. Progress will let you create a unique index on a column with nulls, but then will not let you create new records or delete existing records in the table.