Not open for further replies.

amisan

SANJIV CHRISTIAN 2700 Aquitaine Avenue, #1314
MISSISSAUGA ON L5N 3J6

Home: (905) 819-0208
Cell: (647) 888-9930
sanjivchristian@hotmail.com

OBJECTIVE

I am seeking new challenges as progress Developer.

EDUCATION

· Diploma in Computer Programming & Application in Computer Programming from Aptech, GPA: 67%, Bombay, India (1992).

Diploma in Computer Programming & Application from Aptech Institute of computing affiliated to UK NCC.

· Bachelor of Commerce in Economics& Accounts from Bombay University, GPA: 50%, Bombay, India (1991).

TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS

• 6.5 years Progress development experience from version 6.3 to 9.D.
  • 3 Years of GUI Progress development experience.
  • 3.5 Years of Progress Character Event driven programming experience.
  • Java Script and HTML.
  • Progress Event base and smart object experience.
  • Visual basic 5 programming Experience.
  • Experience with NT and Unix platform.
  • 3 Years of programming experience with VB, C and Cobol.
  • Total 9 years of IT experience in programming, GAP Analysis, and System Implementation.

Major Industry Experience includes.

Insurance – Annuity

• SK –America Bank conversion experience with Prudential Annuity.

Mutual Fund Financial.

• Stock purchase, redemption, and auto Transaction with Banking Institute & Batch processing.
  • Daily and periodically of statements generation processing and confirms contract processing.

ERP Product

• MFG/Pro and Symix.
  • Inventory and Cost Accounting.
  • Manufacturing Bill of material cost rolling for each cost center.
  • Sales and Distribution.
  • Implementation and Gap Analysis of various module Manual and existing system data processing module.

Progress base Cash Register System.

• On going maintenance and designing Interface with retail business ERP RETEK.
  • Migration from Progress 6.3 to 8.3 C.
  • Y2K Compliance testing.

TTG –Travel Industry

• Cruise (Ship) room Inventory.
  • Product Setup.
  • MIS Reports
Customized Financial Systems

• Coding on various custom designed modules for numbers INDIAN FUTURES & OPTIONS clients.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

· Prudential Insurance – Annuities (01/04)

Ø (Environment: Progress 9.D GUI On NT Platform HP Unix)

As Program Analyst I am involved in Conversion project, my major contribution is writing progress 4GL programs for in bound conversion process. Mapping various in bound data. Helping Business Analyst in defining various data mapping.

· International Financial Data Services (iFDS 06/01 –01/04): The Mutual Fund IT Service provider.

Financial Accounting

Independent consultant.

Ø (Environment: Progress 9.B and 9.D Character and GUI on HP Unix and NT platform use Java Script programming and HTML for document Generation process)

As Programmer Analyst I am involved in day-to-day maintenance of Software as well as in various life cycle of different project. My recent success full completion of project is Implementation of chart of account and conversion of inbound transactions of E&P Mutual fund Co. from Infowise platform to iFAST. In this project my major contribution was involved in designing and defining various business rules and template layout for various table of incoming data. As Analyst I am also dedicated member of OPC team, which is responsible to generate periodical fund account Statement and transaction confirm and contract note for iFDS client. This opportunity has given me experience working with end user and it day to day requirements as well lost of work experience in EDI process for Mutual fund industry.

· Nova-Soft Information Technology: NJ, USA Base IT Consulting Company as progress consultant (04/99 –05/01)

Client: NEC America /SCS, Dallas TX (06/00 - 05/01)

Project: Inventory and Finance

Ø (Environment: Progress 8.C on NT Platform)

As a Progress consultant I was involved in merging the two different software setups of Symix and customized inventory application systems into new ERP MFG/Pro 8.5 setup. Work contribution was for system study GAP Analysis, finding out common function between two setups and mapping them to new function with implementation and testing for user approval of new function of MFG/Pro. Coding was done for removing hard code parameters Existing MFG/Pro Customize modules. New modules and report were developed for radio frequency inventory function. Customize Maintenance screen was developed for inventory function like receiving inventory putting /moving and allocation to order. Modification was done with order processing entry screen for new validation and changing screen layout for new input sequence after merge of two systems.

Various custom MIS reports were builds for day-to-day requirement.

Client: Payless Cashways, Inc., Missouri, Leesumitt, (01/00 - 04/00)

Project: Cash Register system.

Ø (Environment: Progress 7 and Progress 8.B on AIX Unix Platform)

As a Progress consultant I was involved in modification of existing system for post implementation of RETEK ERP requirement. Contribution was done in developing Independent modules that provide interface between RETEK and Cash register store system to exchange data for retail Purchase and Purchase return order and transfer and shipment. Modification was carried out to Maintenance screen like Purchase order, Receiving. Various new interface between these two systems where designed like generating sequential transaction number for purchase order, transfer and shipment considering post RETEK ERP implementation. Various Maintenance screen and reports were modified to run Bring data across RETEK ERP application and Inventory system as well as from modified Cash register system.
All modification was maintained to run in both status of RETEK i.e. Post implementation and pre implementation as RETEK implementation was under process for various site and store area.

Client: Costa Cruise line, USA, Miami, FL (04/99 - 11/99)

Project: TTG Travel Industry Application

Ø (Environment Progress 9.B on Sun OS)

As a Programmer Analyst I was involved in system analysis of the existing Cruise Reservation system and customizing the same as per the USA-Miami office business procedures. Client use TTG 5.12. Customizing the system include cruise booking, Hotel booking, and inventory management of cabins as per USA office requirements. Customized and implementation of the system was done by using Progress 9.0 B on Sun O/S 5.6. TTG implementation in the US office was as a part bringing all European and North American office on one software platform.

Development was done for various new MIS reports like daily booking status report, Group confirmation and Preferred customer offer expiring, booking cancellation. I was involved testing and documenting TTG Customization and implementation Y2k compliant on different Unix box with progress 9.0 B.

C. C. Chokshi & Co (Member Co. of Deloitte Touché, Bombay ,India: Progress Analyst Programmer (05/96 - 03/99).

Project: Manufacturing and Inventory

Ø (Environment Progress 6.3 and Progress 8.2C on HP Unix)

As Software Engineer I was involved in the System Study of existing Procedures to calculate Charge out Rate of Machinery, Charge out Rate of Labor burden and Material to develop rate schedules Module. Development was carried out using Progress 8.2C on HP UNIX. This calculated rate were pass to MFG/Pro Cost center process as Hourly Machine burden rate, Hourly Factory over heads and Hourly labor burden charge-out rates in the Manufacturing Module of MFG PRO 7.3 e to the calculate the hourly production costs of cost center. Development of customized Rate Schedule Module in MFG PRO 7.3 using Progress 8.2c to incorporate the above requirement since it is not supported in the Costing Module. Rate schedule was developed to calculate this charge out rate on the basis of formula defined by customer using Average costing method.

Project: Costing System

Ø (Environment Progress 6.3 and Progress 7 on HP UNIX)

As Software Engineer I was involved in the Customization of Costing and Manufacturing module as per user requirements and Mapping the New business re-engineering functionality as well making system Documents. Conducting the study of existing business procedures, Manufacturing Functionality at various production plants, Document flow various MIS Reports and the Interface with various Internal & External business functions. Customized work order and product structure module to calculate the Cost per KG on each cost center. Changed the average cost calculation method to standard costing method in the Costing Module to suit MFG-PRO 7.3e. Since the basic input were i.e. raw material is in Kilograms and final out put is in meters it was necessary to customize Product Structure, WO, Production Reporting, Process mapping and Routing module of MFG/Pro. The customization was done in Progress 7 on HP UNIX.

Project: Post Implementation Support and Audit.

Ø (Environment Progress 6.3 and Progress 7 on HP UNIX)

As Software Engineer I was involved in Identification of business events for each functional area of business. Conducted the study of the flow of events and relevant MFG/PRO mappings for each event. Identified the control objectives for each event and MFG/PRO mapping. Defined the control procedures both for Computerized and manual procedures for each control objective. Identified and conducted the testing of General computer controls, application controls and database security. Conducted the overall analysis of quality of implementation and internal controls.

INDIAN FUTURES & OPTIONS, Bombay, India: Programmer (06/93 - 04/96)

Ø (Environment VB 5 and Visual FoxPro and C++) : As Programmer I was involved in studying existing system and development of various customized applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.