Resolved Odbc Database Configuration In Oe Developer Studio

Kalan

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to setup ODBC System DSN to connect SQL server in remote machine and able to run an application successfully. However, trying to configure 11.4 Developer Studio - but I've no idea how to define parameters in Architect/Developer Studio. I mean Project -> Properties -> Progress Openedge -> Database Connection -> Add New Sql connection -> here how to define my ODBC DSN Name to establish Sql DB connection using ODBC DSN? In order to run an application, I've used .pf file with db connection parameters. i.e. -db <SQL DB Schema path> and -db <ODBC System DSN Name> I can see these two parameters are sufficient in .pf file to connect with Sql DB. Whereas in developer studio not sure what values I've to give openedge database connection screen and define sql connection screen? Could someone pls suggest on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kalan

zerovian

That screen is for jdbc connections. not odbc connections. if you really must use odbc and if you have a jdbc to odbc driver for your particular database you can setup the driver definition and classpath for it in the preferences.

you are much better off just using jdbc though.

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to setup ODBC System DSN to connect SQL server in remote machine and able to run an application successfully. However, trying to configure 11.4 Developer Studio - but I've no idea how to define parameters in Architect/Developer Studio. I mean Project -> Properties -> Progress Openedge -> Database Connection -> Add New Sql connection -> here how to define my ODBC DSN Name to establish Sql DB connection using ODBC DSN? In order to run an application, I've used .pf file with db connection parameters. i.e. -db <SQL DB Schema path> and -db <ODBC System DSN Name> I can see these two parameters are sufficient in .pf file to connect with Sql DB. Whereas in developer studio not sure what values I've to give openedge database connection screen and define sql connection screen? Could someone pls suggest on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kalan

zerovian

To setup the database connection for pdsoe... start by reading the help.

Then go read the help on database parameters in a .pf file. your understanding is incorrect about the -db aeitch. that is the database name and has nothing to do with sql.

Then make sure your database has a sql broker setup. youll need to know the port number for the sql broker.

If it is your own personal database server
Then you can probably get away with just using the same port as the abl broker for your database.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kalan

Kalan

Thanks zerovian, It's now been resolved since I managed to create the SQL schema holder db using DataServer and defined the schema holder path in my developer studio/architect.