ODBC ASP and the works!!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

murphsl

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of writing some internal intranet web pages which need to pull data from a progress database.

I have done this many times before using ODBC with different types of databases, such as Access, SQL, Oracle, etc..... However, when trying to use the DataDirect ODBC Driver I cannot even connect to the database.

I have been into the ODBC configuration on the system and tried using the test connection and this does not work. I just get an error '126'.

I have tried copying the prowin32.dll file from the server to the c:\winnt\system32 directory on my system and this still does not work.

I have checked everything as far as I can, but I have no experiance with progress. Can anybody help!!!???

I am using the following -

DataDirect 4.10 ODBC driver for Progress
Progress 9.1C

I know I sound really silly, but all I want is for this ODBC driver to work, I can do the rest from there!!!

Please Help!!!

Many Thanks
:blue:

MurrayH

Progress V9.1C supports version 3.6 which you can buy as a license on Win32 from Progress. You might want to get a demo of that and see if it works.

Murray

U

Unregistered

Progress ODBC is very buggy. It does not work as smoothly as ODBC with SQL, Oracle, DB2 etc.

Also, when you connect, you may have to specify PUB.field. Why I dont know its a Progress thing.

MurrayH

The PUB. is a progress thing but you can put an entry in the registry to get around that. See the Progress knowledge base.

Murray

PS What do you mean by buggy??

M

murphsl

Thanks for that, but do you know where I can download a demo of the client?

Cheers

Sean