Question Name Server And Appserver Port Should Same?

Hi,
While I was debug some issues with webservice , I found that once I changed the Name Server port as same as that of the appserver broker port (and started the appserver) then the wbeservice responses appears fine. Till that time I got any responses from the respective webservice.

Is it mandatory that both port should be same ?
Or any other setting changes made that webservice responsive .

TIA
-Philip-

RealHeavyDude

The port of the NameServer and the AppServer Broker must be different. The NameServer NS1 has the default port of 5162. I am very suprised that you are able to start both services using the same port - so far I've not managed to achieve that.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

zerovian

They don't have to be different. Nameserver uses UDP and appserver uses TCP. They don't conflict even if they are using the same port.

What you're probably seeing is how you specify the connection. Normally for appserver connection from a client you specify AppServer protocol and port 5162 (default for NS1). But if you're using appserverDC protocol, then nameserver isn't involved, and you would specify the appserver broker port instead. By making them the same you're getting into a situation where you can specify either protocol and it will work since you're using the same port but on a different protocol.