Is it possible to create a shared temp-table to use with any agent?

cesida

Hi everybody!

Is there a way to create a shared temp-table at starting WS broker (or starting every agent) so then it could be read with all the other programs?

I need this because I have a procedure "CALCINT.P" that become very slow if I run it reading the table from the disk, but it finish in acceptable time if the records needed are in a temp-table.

This procedure is used by many programs and many times to calculate taxes, for that reason is important that it runs more quickly.

In the client-server version of the aplication, the procedure that build the menu create a "new shared temp-table" and copy the records from the table in the disk to the temp-table. So "CALCINT.P" read the records from memory and bring the result in a faster way.

Can I the same with the webspeed version?

TIA
Juan Manuel Severino

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Late answer or better late questions from me but do you use the programm many times within one session and is it input independent? If so then its a better option to run the programm once at startup of a webspeed session and then store it in a session table which can be accessed by the webspeed agent quickly. So then only at first connection it takes time to run the procedure.
Because if you starting to use shared variables then you cant have a stateless application anymore and with license prices for tranaction server it can become a rather costly operation.

Casper.