How Many Printers do You Have?

chipster67

We have close to 100 printers and I'd say close to 55 of them are being used as Pick Ticket Printers. So was wondering How many does your company have and do you pool your picktickets or just do Automatic printing?

Thanks

Chip

Wogjoift73

How Many Printers do You Have

I was just wondering how many pets do you have? I have a guni pig and 4 cats. The guni pig always greets me when she sees me. As for the cats well they just lay there LOL.

Soulwatcher

doom1701

We have close to 100 printers and I'd say close to 55 of them are being used as Pick Ticket Printers. So was wondering How many does your company have and do you pool your picktickets or just do Automatic printing?

Thanks

Chip

Is "Way too freakin' many" an appropriate answer? We've got over 100 printers in the company (all locations), which I have to manage in 3 (used to be 4) different areas--SX, Windows and Nowforms.

Best thing I ever did with SX printing was replace the script I used to feed text based print jobs to. Rather than manage the printer setup in Unix and SX, the script first attempts to create the printer in Unix when a print job is sent to it. Our printers follow a naming standard across all platforms, and Unix just feeds jobs via LPD to the Windows print server, so I'm able to take the standard name that SX is using and build the unix printer from the command line.

Next big improvement will be to disable all printing from SX and force everything to view in PDF. Nowforms will have to support feeding to view before that can happen, though.