Hello People, Can U help me

plug

I am currently an unemployed 20 year old based in the midlands of england and recently I saw an advert for a job in progress programming, the job is asking for experience in progress and i have no way of buying the program i was wondering if any could direct me to a site that either has a trail version of it or a beta version so that i could use it for learning and reference. Plus any help would be great for learning how to program in this application

Thank You Very Much

-=Plug=-

U

Unregistered

Hi.

Unfortunately there are no free trial versions of Progress that I know of. So I think your out of luck in this regard.

The Progress manuals are quite good and are available online. Check the Progress website.

There is a book by Que I think on GUI progress and there are some independent books by various authors. However all these texts assume a good familiarity with Progress.

The alternative I can suggest is that you learn web based programming i.e. html, perl, php & sql. These are all freely available in one form or another. Learning Linux would help with server experience.

The concepts and techniques you learn here can be moved to embedded speedscript programming which is the embedded Progress Webspeed version of things.

Hope this helps,
Andrew Fong