Forum Post: Re: What is the best configuration for OE 10.2B Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmls

didn't you read the part where he mentioned that the server is the domain controller, exchange server, file server, sharepoint server, IIS Server and terminal server ? ;) On 29 August 2014 21:11, ChUIMonster wrote: Re: What is the best configuration for OE 10.2B Database? Reply by ChUIMonster On 8/29/14, 3:02 PM, bluelinebrotha wrote: RE: What is the best configuration for OE 10.2B Database? Reply by bluelinebrotha I think I got confused on HD size. 1TB in a Raid 10, so multiple drives I believe. I am remote and not physically on location so I am relying on the owner of the store to get this info for me. RAID10 strikes me as extremely unlikely. Someone who bought workgroup db licenses is *much* more likely to have a RAID5 or RAID6 NAS for disk. And if the disk is being shared write throughput is generally the first thing to suffer. Is this server virtual? If it is virtual and "thin provisioned" or "over committed" that's a problem too. -- Tom Bascom 603 396 4886 tom@greenfieldtech.com Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse. -- Julian Lyndon-Smith IT Director, dot.r http://www.dotr.com

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.