Forum Post: RE: Updating a network installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mviennea

"In essence, there are two type of OpenEdge installation for Windows: local and network install." I think I'm confusing everyone (likely because I am confused). I installed the product called "Client Networking" on to a shared drive (P:) (with "Custom" selected). I then used P:/dlc/netsetup/setup.exe to install Progress on various workstations for users. I'm having no problems with the user installations. I am not trying to uninstall anything from an individual workstation. What I'm trying to do, using a "fresh" workstation, is delete/complete the shared "Client Networking" installation. It's not installed locally on the new workstation, so there is nothing in the local registry. I'm getting the sense that the proper course of action is: 1) delete P:/dlc 2) re-install P:/dlc 3) for each machine currently networked, uninstall and re-install via P:/dlc/netsetup/setup.exe (may not be required) Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions - it has helped clarify the situation so I'm pretty confident I'm not missing anything, I'm just assuming a simple process is more complex than it is.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.