Forum Post: RE: Multi-tentant - appserver - webspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Judge

Correct me if I'm wrong. But with the 'SESSION:CURRENT-REQUEST-INFO:ClientContextId' i know at the appserver-side the session-id of the client. So at that point I can lookup the client-principal in activate.p. Yes, exactly. With SET-DB-CLIENT(client-principal:handle), i can set the database and also the tenant ? So at login I need to set the correct tenant : client-principal:DOMAIN- NAME = "tenantname". Is this correct ? Yes (DOMAIN-NAME = 'domain' not 'Tenant' but close enough). Domain :: Tenant is a many-to-one relation. If you use the session:current-request-info:clientcontextid you don't need to pass any extra handles etc. to the appserver (except at login : the username, password and domain-name (tenant)). Don't need to pass any extra handles for authentication? No. Note that you can – as an alternative – pass the actuall CLIENT-PRINCIPAL instead of the ClientContextID (see the doc below for more info). Is the session:current-request-info:clientcontextid available in ABL ? We still use the appbuilder. I find information about the session:current-request-info in the help, but what is clientcontextid ? Yes, the property is available in the ABL. Note that it is only available on the SESSION handle on the AppServer. On the client, you get at it from the server hander (ie hAppServer). It's a property on the Progress.Lang.OERequestInfo object, which is what the CURRENT-REQUEST-INFO attribute holds. http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge113/oe113html/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=ABL/ABL%20Reference/23dvref-Classes.037.41.html for moree I do not know what the implications are for state aware AppServer modesl (-reset and friends). -- peter From: bart.syryn [mailto:bounce-bartsyryn@community.progress.com] Sent: Monday, 24 February, 2014 09:38 To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com Subject: RE: Multi-tentant - appserver - webspeed RE: Multi-tentant - appserver - webspeed Reply by bart.syryn Thanks for all the responses. Correct me if I'm wrong. But with the 'SESSION:CURRENT-REQUEST-INFO:ClientContextId' i know at the appserver-side the session-id of the client. So at that point I can lookup the client-principal in activate.p. With SET-DB-CLIENT(client-principal:handle), i can set the database and also the tenant ? So at login I need to set the correct tenant : client-principal:DOMAIN-NAME = "tenantname". Is this correct ? In a stateless-appserver, I need to read this information everytime there's a call to the appserver (activate.p) ? Is it correct that when you use a state-reset-appserver, you only need to do this once (in the connection.p) ? If you use the session:current-request-info:clientcontextid you don't need to pass any extra handles etc. to the appserver (except at login : the username, password and domain-name (tenant)). Is the session:current-request-info:clientcontextid available in ABL ? We still use the appbuilder. I find information about the session:current-request-info in the help, but what is clientcontextid ? Kind regards Bart S. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.