external image viewer

Hello,

I'm currently occupied with the integration of a impage viewing system in our existing progress software. The software itself was written in version 8.x, but has been recompiled in version 9.1 recently.

What we need is a program like acdsee, but which accepts ole commands (AcdSee accepts only DDE) and which has the possibilty to tile the opened images, rotate the current image, open JPG, GIF, TIFF and BMP files; preferable free, or shareware.

Is there anyone who could help me with this ?

Thanks !!

Hi,

There is a program in Windows called 'Imaging for Windows'. It has ActiveX interface you can use to display and manipulate your images. Supported file types are .tiff .awd .bmp .jpg .pcx .xif .gif and .wif. File imgocxd.hlp describes its interface under Win98.

Regards,
Gabor

Gabor,

Thanks for your reply. I also came to the conclusion that imaging for windows could be a very nice solution. BUT it seems that some older versions of imaging (especially those on win95, win98 first edition and winNT4) cannot display all types of JPG-images properly. Do you know a solution for that problem as well ?

:confused:

Also this, I have been thinking about. But... Eastman software says it is a package licenced to MS, so they should take care of it. MS on the other hand, says that they need a licence key from Windows, which I have, but it is an OEM number, so they say I should take contact with my supplier, because they actually distribute the windows version...
(I haven't found a recent version of the software on their websites neither)

But what I found on technet is the following :
If you have blablabla (an error somehow), try to install the win 98 version instead of the win 95 version. but when I try to, my installer says me the cab files are encoded in an other way than win 95 should except it. So I'm back where I started...:rolleyes:

Perhaps we'll buy the eastman professional version, and see what will happen then...

Thanks anyhow for your attemps to help me. If you might have other ideas, please let me know !

U

Unregistered

anyone have any examples of how to acutally use this from progress?