email notification

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Did something happen to break the email notification of responses? I haven't gotten a message in days and yet clearly people have posted to threads on which I have posted.

RealHeavyDude

Either that or has deliberately been switched off - since quite some time I don't get any email notifications at all.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

jmac13

yeah im the same i thought i'd id put them in my junk filter by mistake.. but looks like its not me:p

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Now that you mention it ... same here. I think we have a smoking gun. Now all we have to do is figure out what it has been smoking!

RealHeavyDude

Just a thought from my side: I do like ProgressTalk.com better than the PEG. Although it seems that the discussions on PEG are much more lively I don't like the email as communication vehicle at all. In the end it's not possible for me to participate on the PEG via email from my working equipment and I don't see any point in carrying more than one laptop with me just to be able to. Furthermore I like the forum philosophy better, although it might be more vulnerable for SPAM.

But that is - of course - IMHO.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Stefan

The big advantage of this forum is that it is searchable by anyone. I liked the daily e-mail digest as it 'actively' triggered me to see which threads are new / had a lot of activity. The quality of the daily digest did decrease with all the spam attacks. I guess I'll simply need to browse in more often and see what's new.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it was an issue with sendmail, which has been corrected. Sorry about all of the old emails that came through.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
You might want to check again ... I don't seem to have gotten notices about new posts on threads where I have posted.