Creating Storage Areas

TColeman

I have created a new database from scratch. How do I create Data Storage areas in the .st file. I have tried editing it in notepad, I followed the db administration directions, etc. The only thing available is the schema area.

Also, could someone tell me how to import data to a table, I tried the import delimited text but it didn't work....is there a trick I missed?

Thanks!

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TColeman:
I have created a new database from scratch. How do I create Data Storage areas in the .st file. I have tried editing it in notepad, I followed the db administration directions, etc. The only thing available is the schema area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
First, create a database.st structure file. It should look something like:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">code:</font><HR><pre>
#
b C:\dbdirectory\
#
d "Schema Area":6,32 C:\dbdirectory\
d "Area 1":7,32 C:\dbdirectory\
d "Area 2":8,32 C:\dbdirectory\
[/code]
Then just PROSTRCT CREATE database and your new database will have the areas you've defined.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TColeman:
Also, could someone tell me how to import data to a table, I tried the import delimited text but it didn't work....is there a trick I missed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would need a little more information on this one to see why it isn't working. How is the text file delimited? Could you post some code you are trying?

Hope this helps,
-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com