Error Could Not Recognize Argument

Jack@dba

Hi All,

We faced some problem I want to know what exactly the root cause of it.

We have backup server restoration will happened daily using script of production backups. once backup got restored backup file move to archive path.But suddenly we received email saying restoration got failure.when we checked backup file is moved to archive path but in database log file there is no update of restoration details.

We received error as "could not recognize argument /backup path (301).

So what exactly happened during that time.
Can anybod help me out.
Aix 7.1 11.2 enterprise edition.

Thanks
Jack

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
This is much too vague to comment on. You will need to provide a few more details before anyone can help.

In particular we need need to know what commands the script ran with all of the arguments. And the complete text of all error messages.

Jack@dba

Hi Tom,

Thanks for update..

The commands we have in the script is prorest $dbdir/$dbname $backuppath/*dsp

dsp is name of the database

FYI.......... once restoration got failed i ran the script its worked fine after moving the backup from archive path to backup path.
Script has no problem from next days onward it is working fine.

We received error "could not recognize argument /backup path (301)." during that time?
May be any _dbutil problem during that time

Thanks
Durgaprasad

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The problem is the wild card.

The second argument to prorest is a single file name. Wild cards have no place there. The command will work so long as there is only one file that matches the pattern but as soon as there are two or more you will get the error that you have reported.

Last edited: