could not create buffer object for table

Winqad

what does this error mean "could not create buffer object for table parts.
the above error is received while trying to route a indirect inventory req in EAM and fails to update the requisition

is loading scheme via CVC related to this issue or what may be other possibilities

Unable to see the "parts" table in the data dictionary->reports->detailed table

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
It would be very helpful if you would post the actual error message rather than a 2nd hand description of the error message.

It would also be helpful if you reveal what version of Progress you are using and what application has this "route a indirect inventory req in EAM and fails to update the requisition" functionality in it.

I have no idea what you mean by: "loading scheme via CVC" so if you could explain that it would also probably help.

Winqad

It would be very helpful if you would post the actual error message rather than a 2nd hand description of the error message.

It would also be helpful if you reveal what version of Progress you are using and what application has this "route a indirect inventory req in EAM and fails to update the requisition" functionality in it.

I have no idea what you mean by: "loading scheme via CVC" so if you could explain that it would also probably help.

Progress version is 11.7.12
Application : QAD Adaptive
Module : Enterprise Asset management

I too am not aware what it means by loading schema via CVC, I was thinking its a know terminology in progress db world.

below is the error received on the application
1690317406597.png

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
What happens if you click "Debug"?

The (7334) error could be for many reasons.

You mention "loading schema" and, although "CVC" is mysterious, one possible cause of the error, that is related to "schema" (the definitions of tables, fields, and indexes), is that the schema changed either while that program was running or, possibly, since it was compiled. It may also mean that the local "schema cache" is out of date (if this is a remote connection). This could, potentially, be a result of someone making online schema changes.

It is also possible that "parts" is a temp-table and, therefore, does not exist in the dictionary report that you mentioned.

Some things to try:

1) Reach out to QAD tech support
2) Restart the session that reported the error (that might refresh the schema cache)
3) Recompile the code in question
4) If the session was started with the "-clientlog filename" option you may have more detailed debugging information, including a stack trace, available (if not you can add that parameter and reproduce the error in order to obtain a stack trace)
5) If the session crashed out (unlikely given the dialog that you show) then there might be a "protrace" available

If you know what code causes the error (maybe because you obtained a stack trace) and if you can share that code, we might be able to say something more specific.

Winqad

thanks Tom for your response, I will try as per the suggestions.

Debug shows the same error with a CORRELATION ID
1690381818201.png

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
That's not "normal" Progress debugging information but I suspect that it would have meaning to QAD tech support.

FWIW it looks like the date 2023/07/26 plus 34184. If 34184 is the time in seconds then it translates to 9:29:44. That's just guessing at the meaning though. I don't actually know if that is what it is or what use it would be.