Question Connection between Progress and external device PDA handheld through Webservices?

vinhng

Hello everyone,

I am using Progress database with QAD ERP
I want to develop the Barcode solution for QAD
Currently I am researching the connection between Progress and external device PDA handheld through Webservices.
Has anyone here ever done this solution please advice us the way to do.
There are documents related to Barcode solution, WebServices please share with us.

Best regards

jongpau

It really is not Progress but OpenEdge. The name was changed many many moons ago. I do cop it that this site is still called ProgressTalk, but it is important to remember the correct name because it could help you find a solution:

What version of OpenEdge is your QAD running on? If its using OE11 and running on PASOE (or you can get PASOE running on your system) you can use REST calls --> Google "OpenEdge REST WebServices" and voila: OpenEdge 11.7 Documentation

If you are on OE10 you are in a bit more of a pickle, but it would not be impossible, just a lot more work plus you may struggle with stability (dont ask me for a pointer to documentation).

On OE9? Ummmm yeah...upgrade upgrade upgrade, you are living in the stone age with that one

(suggestion: upgrade to OE11, use PASOE and get the latest version of QAD to save yourself a lot of work, pain and heartache)

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You probably don't even need WebServices. You can expose your application using a simple REST API and write a NativeScript app to run on the PDA that consumes the REST API.