Question Certification for Progress

Hi,

Kindly let me know is there any certifications available for progress? If so, what would be the cost of the certification and the procedure in completing the certification.

Regards
Mani

RealHeavyDude

Progress used to offer standard trainings for which you used to get a certificate. But these certificates just testified that you took the training - NOT that you passed any qualification.

They also had their curriculums ( education paths ) but for these they didn't give you certificates - which IMHO would be much more interesting than just a certificate for a given training.

Nevertheless, I fear you won't have any luck for certification in the Progress camp.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
PSC gave certificates for completion of courses taken at Progress offices. I have a few of those, but they're worth less than the paper they're written on, in my opinion. They were given to everyone, so they basically mean that you showed up and (mostly) stayed awake. They don't mean you actually learned anything then, let alone retain it and can apply it now.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I spoke to Practiv today and next month they are staring Progress Certification Program next month.