Browse starting on record 2...

M.D. Klapwijk

I've got a problem with some browses (in existing code) selecting the 2nd record of the result-set and thus hidding the first record, untill you scroll the browse upwards.

Does anyone have an idear what would cause such behavior or is there a simple solution?

bulklodd

What do you mean under selection? User input or REPOSITION? Do you have 'value-changed' triggers for browsers?

koz

Progress version?
Post the code that starts at the 2nd record and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

M.D. Klapwijk

Bulklod, there is a value changed trigger indeed. The browsers do this when they're being filled with data, they simply select the second row as the active row.

Value-changed:
DO:
Cur-Rec-Departed = RECID ({&FIRST-TABLE-IN-QUERY-{&SELF-NAME}}).
END.

Koz, the version is 9.1D09 and if I could find the code which is responsible for the second row selection, I would be 1/2 way to the solution... ;)

bulklodd

I undestood right the 2nd record is selected at once after OPEN-QUERY or after something but before user can manupulate the browser, didn't I? If it's so you should check all code from OPEN-QUERY to WAIT-FOR. You can use debugger to facilitate this process. All FINDs, FOR EACHs, GETs and REPOSITIONs can cause the problem. Don't forget also about browser's methods.