barcode 128

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
This might be relevant: http://www5.ncr.com/support/pcfiles/Retail/Solution/SoftwareCenter/RPSW4222.fix

Code:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

NCR Retail Platform Software for Windows Fix File
Product ID: D370-0924-0100
Release: 4.2.2.2
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTICE

Copyright © 2004-2017 NCR Corporation

=====================================================================================================
Section 1.0  ---- New Features in this release 
Section 2.0  ---- Fixes provided in this release
Section 3.0  ---- List of files updated in this release
Section 4.0  ---- Information from previous releases
=====================================================================================================

Section 1.0  ---- New Features in this release
- Added support for printing large images in Grayscale printing. (RPSUPOS-1885)
- Added enhancement in 7199 Event Logging for Print Head Tracking. (RPSUPOS-1927)
- Added support for 6932 Keyboards. (RPSUPOS-2015)
- Added QR Barcode support in 7168 R1 Printer. (RPSUPOS-2025)
- Added Product ID 0x0964 for Scanner 4980/5680 in XML file. (RSM-7781)
- Added new option "Print Speed Mode" for 71xx printers in RSM LE. (RSM-7785)
- Added new entry "Use Application" with value 7 for "UserBarcodeWidthDefault". (RSM-7786)
- Added new option "Code128 ASCII Input" for 71xx printers in RSM LE. (RSM-7787)

. . .

Printer Fixes:
RPSUPOS-1825 - Fixed an issue where R6 printer printed an incorrect receipt.
RPSUPOS-1859 - Improved printing performance for R6 SCO Printers.
RPSUPOS-1871 - Fixed an issue where Code 128 Parsed Barcode is not Printing when trying to Print from 
               the Escape Sequences.
. . .

This suggests to me that the printer might need a firmware update. But, again, I do not own this printer and I have no actual experience with it.

borhane

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying.

You have code. It seems like it is doing the proper thing and you can apparently use that same code (with different control characters) to create other sorts of bar codes on that printer.

We have found a manual that describes the proper codes for the printer.

We have made a series of attempts to interpret the manual for you. That doesn't seem to be working. It is hard to say why. All we are getting for feedback is "it didn't work".

I do not posses that printer. So far as I can tell none of the other people responding have that printer either.

So we cannot test it for you.

All that I can say at this point is that the general structure of the limited code that you have shown appears to be correct. The manual seems to describe the codes you need to send. So you are either not sending those codes (maybe you have a typo, or maybe you're not running the code that you think you're running, or maybe something else is going wrong), or there are additional unknown codes that are needed, or (maybe) the printer is not the printer that you have specified.
thank you I want to do other tests until I find it thank you again for your understanding

I don't use a printer i use it to generate the chain of character to translate a standard text to a 128 code and then in a reporting product like Crystal Report I use a barcode 128 font for this value. After that the printer I selected by the user

borhane

hello thank you for your help I found the solution with the acsii code

chr(29) + chr(72) + chr(3) +
chr(29) + chr(102) + chr(1) +
chr(29) + chr(119) + chr(3) +
CHR(29) + "k" + CHR(73) + CHR(10) + CHR(65) + chr(67) + chr(89) +
chr(90) + chr(91) + chr(92) + chr(93) + chr(94) + chr(95) + CHR(20) . /*CODE 128 = 65678990919293949520 sur 20 chiffres --- code128 A*/
/* /* /* I LF { A */ */ */

chr(29) + chr(72) + chr(3) +
chr(29) + chr(102) + chr(1) +
chr(29) + chr(119) + chr(3) +
CHR(29) + "k" + CHR(73) + CHR(10) + chr(123) + chr(66) + chr(78) + chr(111) +
CHR(46) + CHR(123) + CHR(67) + CHR(12) + chr(34) + chr(56). /*CODE 128 = No. sur 09 chiffres --- code128 B C*/
/* I LF { B N o . { 123456 */