Appserver connection call back

Jelbin

Hello Team,

Can anyone help me regrading below query regards appservice connection call back.

Issue: There are two progress server( Eg: Server A and Server B ) and data transferring from Server A to Server B using appserver connection.
The data reached to Server B successfully. But due to certain reason , I need to call back the data from Server B , which is successfully reached from Server A.
Is it possible to recall the data using any porgress appservice related concepts. Please let me know what are the possible solution to overcome this issue.?

Regards,
Jelbin.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
So you're connecting 2 database servers to each other using an AppServer connection? Have I got that right? Why? What is the purpose? And why would you want to send data back that originated at Server A?

Jelbin

Hi Cringer,

Thanks for your immediate response. Please find my below comments.

You are right. I am connecting two server using AppServer connection.
This specific task is doing for my current project. There are some requirements comes from client where I will transfer data from ServerA to B.
The data flow is working successfully. There are some situation comes where I want to roll back the data from server B. Is this roll back is possible from Server B?. Please let me know.

Thanks again,
Jelbin

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Still struggling to understand the use case here.

So something happens on Server B that fires off an appserver process to retrieve data from Server A. That's all working, but now you want to "roll back" on Server A? What do you mean by Roll Back? You want to update the data on Server B and send it back to Server A? Surely that's just another appserver call that updates data rather than retrieving it?