AppBuilder

Surely it is now time for PSC to realize that they made an error of judgement.
The Application Architect move has not worked, the next Version release of OpenEdge (11) SHOULD remain with the AppBuilder.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Huh?

Everybody I've talked to is on OEA and happy about it. There are even stick in the mud, ChUI dinosaur, who needs anything but vi types using it these days.

RealHeavyDude

I can only second Tamhas. Although there were times when the AppBuilder was somehow up to date - but it was called User Interface Builder at that time and the times were the middle of the '90 of the last century.

Apart from a re-branding it Progress didn't put much effort into developing it any further - as did they for the UI in general until the .Net UI ...

Now as OpenEdge 11 is coming and developing applications with OO is considered to be superior - there isn't any support built into it to support classes. Even with the AB Hack given to the community by some genrous French guy - it still sucks ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

jmac13

company I'm at is using open edge 10.2b and appbuilder.. I never used OEA I really want to get into using it as appbuilder does feel like you are using a hammer and chisel on slate. Does anyone know of any good Docs of how to getting it running etc? cause I'm going to have to try and get it working off my own back i think. I've tired loading it up but get a message "unable to locate installation information for openedge version 10.2b"
Any docs would be great for me to try and get it running and using it