A Big Week for Apama

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john bates

Last week was quite a week for Apama with two prestigious awards in as many days. I had the pleasure of spending a day in New York, attending the Waters Enterprise Architecture Summit and their annual Sell-Side awards dinner. I was hugely impressed by the quality of the delegates and of the discussion at the summit. But the undoubted highlight for me when Apama was awarded “Best CEP for the Sell-Side” in the evening’s awards ceremony, and having the honour to receive the award from US baseball legend Tommy John alongside colleagues Theo and Ben.​

[URL='http://progressblogs.com/Capital_Markets/files/2013/04/WatersSS.jpg'] [/URL]

That Waters even has a “Best CEP” category is a sign of how far the CEP industry has come. Over the last couple of years at Apama, we’ve seen a huge uptick in the number of inbound enquiries from Enterprise Architects who a) know what CEP is b) know why they need one and c) know the one they need is Apama! Having also won the “Best CEP” category in December in the Waters Buy-Side awards, this week’s success further shows we’re in the right place at the right time with the right product as the Capital Markets industry comes to grips with the drive to real-time.

Still flushed with success from the award (ok, and the aftermath of one or two celebratory glasses of fizzy), I was doubly delighted to learn that our fantastic customer DBS Bank in Singapore had snapped up the Asian Banker award for “Best Security and Risk Project”. DBS leverages Apama as the brain at the heart of its ATM Card Fraud detection system, detecting suspicious patterns of transactions in-flight, with enough time to act and prevent major loss. Congratulations to our team in Singapore, proud owners of this prestigious award seen here.

All-in-all a pretty good week. Now, off to buy that Lottery ticket …

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.