Writing a debugger for my app?

dayv2005

OK i wrote this pretty complicated screen that has like 15 dynamic filters on it.

Well i wanted to right a debugger for it and i cant seem to get it right. Here's what i want to do. define a stream and output all error messages to it (while not supressing them so the end user still gets there errors) then i want to write m own little debug parts in there to out put to the stream aswell.

And i have a toggle box that is t-Debug once this is pushed a frame apears with an editor in it. I want this editor to read a file that is constantly being updated.

The two issues im having is outputing all errors to a stream and reading a file with an editor.

Or does anyone else have any better suggestions on doing this.

dayv2005

nvm the issue i was having is when i was testing i was trying to write to the widget and it wasn't past the enable_UI yet. So i fixed it.

If you're on XP, it may be easier to make use of the various client logging parameters, and analyse the default logfile which will contain all error messages issued to the user. I use this all the time to diagnose errors, and only step into the debugger when in need to inch through the process.

If you want to be really cute, use a utility like Tail XP, and see everything streaming in realtime...