WinPopUp

JvdB

Hi peggers,

Anybody know how to send/recieve messages from progress to winpopup? Or know where to find some samplecode?
I noticed the mailslot example out there but didn't manage to get it to send a message that popped up in winpopup.

Thnx already,

J.

JvdB

Got it working with WinPopUp

Nevermind the previous question.
Managed to modify the mailslot example found on www.global-shared.com and getting it to send to winpopup. Also managed to get it to put the sender, receiver and message in the correct spaces.

Now my next challenge is generating a list of users that are logged in on a windows network so that a message can be sent to them. Anybody know how to do this?

Thnx already,

J.

bendaluz2

To get computer names, you could do: "net view" in an os-command and pipe the output into a text file, then read this in and strip out the information you want. Not very elegant i know, but it should work

JvdB

net view

Thnx for your answer bendaluz2, unfortunately net view only shows me the computername of the computer I use and the server i log onto. But not any of the other pc's on the net.

J.

bendaluz2

Oh

When I use it, I get all the computers in my workgroup. I think you can also do net view \WORKGROUP to look at other workgroups (The syntax may be wrong here). This works fine for me both with Netware and a Windows NT domain. Maybe you are using something else?

Using net view works fine in Windows 2000 Professional as well, but it's not a real nice solution.

If your confident with windows API calls you might want to play around with the NetServerEnum function in netapi32.dll

JvdB

Thnx Guys

Ooooops!

Sitting on windows XP here, and forgot how workgroups and domains work on that one. And didn't realize that my pc was in another workgroup then the rest of the department. After using the workgroup/domain options I saw more pc's.

Will check out the netapi32.dll thnx.

J.