Where to set the Stack Size parameter for Appserver

Hi,

We are getting error 5635 only when we are running a program which is AppServer connected. Progress version 10.2A is used with .NET interface.

Kindly tell where are the areas I have to lookinto. Is there any place where I have to increase the -s parameter?

TIA
Philip

RealHeavyDude

The stack size (-s) is a startup parameter for a Progress/OpenEdge client. The AppServer (from the database's point of view) is a client too. Therefore it is valid to supply it for the AppServer too if it is needed.

Usually I use the same value for the client and the AppServer.

You must supply this parameter in the startup command. Either directly ( prowin32 ... -s n for the GUI client ) or within a parameter file.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.

RealHeavyDude

Ooops - just forgot, hit the submit reply button too soon:

If you see this error in the database logfile then then issue ( since you were stating you are using the AppServer ) most likely is happing on the AppServer. For the AppServer you can set this parameter in the ubroker.properites file ( which you might also edit via the Progress Explorer ). In the ubroker.properties you have a parameter "srvrStartupParam" for your AppServer where you can add the parameter. If a parameter file is specified then I would add it in the paramter file.

So might look something like this:

srvrStartupParam=-pf startade/aos_as.pf

HTH, RealHeavyDude.