Webspeed Error 5810

anoobbhaskar

We are getting the following error in our webspeed.

P-009662 T-000000 1 OCTO CON-AGT Msngr: Failed to make connection to WTA. Verify all port configuration for the specified servi
ce are correct (5810): Error: -65, Agent Port: 3235

Our Application is webspeed architecture (HP UNIX SERVER) which is running in open edge 10.1B(SP 05). We are not aware about any netwrok related changes but the issue will vanish for some time if we restart the Cluster. Cluster restart will perform the restart for all progress services(DB , APPSERVER , WEBSPEED etc).

This is happening when we perform certain functions in the application but not always. Most of the time the application load was comparitively low and we did not see any relative error in any of the log files.

Can any of you help me to sort out the reason for this issue?

RealHeavyDude

The error means that the WebSpeed messenger could not connect to the WebSpeed Transaction Server or WebSpeed Broker ( different name, same beast ). It's at simple at that. You need to find as to why the WebSpeed Broker is either not alive or can't be reached for some reason. You need to have look into the log files of the WebSpeed Broker and the agents to find out more.

I've seen similar behavior when the databases to which the WebSpeed Agents are connected were stopped and started without stopping and starting the WebSpeed Broker accordingly ... do you have a job that stops and then starts the database regularly - a offline backup for example?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

anoobbhaskar

The error means that the WebSpeed messenger could not connect to the WebSpeed Transaction Server or WebSpeed Broker ( different name, same beast ). It's at simple at that. You need to find as to why the WebSpeed Broker is either not alive or can't be reached for some reason. You need to have look into the log files of the WebSpeed Broker and the agents to find out more.

I've seen similar behavior when the databases to which the WebSpeed Agents are connected were stopped and started without stopping and starting the WebSpeed Broker accordingly ... do you have a job that stops and then starts the database regularly - a offline backup for example?

We do have online backups running everyday. Also we have enabled the AI rollforward. These errors are started happening recently and we did not come across such errors before. The application is working fine and the error will occur only when some functionalities occur in system but we dont have any clue about the issue from log files.

RealHeavyDude

What are the "functionalities" you are talking about? Has there been any change introduced to them?

IMHO, the error message you see in the log is pretty clear.

anoobbhaskar

This happening when we perform payment posting (revenue accounting) but the error is not occurring all the time. It will fail once in a day. Not sure whether because of the amount of data or any other factors causing this to work indifferently

RealHeavyDude

Sorry, but I have no glue what payment posting is. Obviously it is a term used in in your application of which I know nothing about ...

anoobbhaskar

I was mentioning about some functionality. My question is why this error is happening intermittantly. Do you have any idea about the possible reasons that could cause the issue

RealHeavyDude

Did you even try to look into the log files of the WebSpeed Broker to see if you find something unusual around the time when you the WebSpeed messenger burbs?

You problem is so generic that it could be anything or everything - so there is no way to give you an advice without you providing far more information about your setup.