Very big srt files

bluwe

Hi there,

running 91D over Citrix. I was under the impression that removing -TB and -TM from the client pf would drastically decrease the size to which these files grow. Having done this I have not noticed any particular improvements.
Does anyone know of a way to limit the size to which these files are growing? They typically reach 150-200MB per session. Ideally I'd like a fix that wouldn't involve any re-coding. I know, I don't ask for much!

Thanks in advance,

James

ron

There are "srt" files used when you re-index tables (idxbuild) ... and these are affected by -TB and -TM.

Different "srt" files are created by a client session ... and I think this is what you are talking about. These are used for a few things, but I suspect that your srt files are filling-up with r-code.

Look-up the Progress docs on "directory size" (limits the amount of r-code that Progress will keep in the srt file) ... and particularly regarding shared r-code libraries. If you use the latter it should stop r-code going into srt files completely ... and save memory ... and improve performance.

(I'd provide more details ... but I'm at home without docs.)

Ron.