Using ChilkatZip to compress in-memory data?

Don Carlson

Hi everyone -

I am looking at trying to implement compression on some pdf reports coming out of our system (9.1E, Windows Server 2003). We have implemented text2pdf.p and are working towards PDF Include, but it will be a while until we are there. Some of the reports coming out of text2pdf are quite large. I have tried to download the zlib.zip and io.zip originally posted by Joey Jeremiah, but can't seem to get them to open once downloaded. Is there any chance those could get reposted or even emailed to me? Thanks in advance!
Don

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone -

I am looking at trying to implement compression on some pdf reports coming out of our system (9.1E, Windows Server 2003). We have implemented text2pdf.p and are working towards PDF Include, but it will be a while until we are there. Some of the reports coming out of text2pdf are quite large. I have tried to download the zlib.zip and io.zip originally posted by Joey Jeremiah, but can't seem to get them to open once downloaded. Is there any chance those could get reposted or even emailed to me? Thanks in advance!
Don

Hello Don :)

I saw your message last night, sorry for not responding any sooner.

I did get a chance to ask Chris for help sorting out the attachment and I believe it has been fixed. Thanks Chris !

Try downloading the attachment with FireFox and see if that works. You can also private message me your email and I'll send it offline.

A few more things you should definitely consider if you're searching for a solutions to generate documents.

First of you should definitely look at MS OpenXML, and also OpenOffice ODF XML formats that we're going to see alot more of in the near future.

PDFLib is also another very powerful, widely used tool for creating PDF documents that you might want to look at.

XSL-FO is also another technology worth considering.

I'm currently working on a related project, if you'd like to talk about a cotracting job that's a project I'd certainly be interested to work on.

Feel free to contact me offline.