User Name

miskovd

I have a program that monitors changes to a field in Syteline and have been using the name from the PC sign-in. Is there any way through Progress to get the name the user logged into Syteline with? We are running Syteline 6.
Thanks

miskovd

Userid is what I currently use, but it gives me the Windows login name, not the Syteline login name.
Thanks

MrMoo

How are you using UserID because like Tom mentioned it's how i pull user id's. userID("DatabaseName")

miskovd

For example if a user signs into Windows as 'John Smith' and then signs into Syteline as 'Warehouse Manager', Userid in Progress returns the 'John Smith' - the Windows login - not 'Warehouse Manager' which was the Syteline login.
Thanks

MrMoo

I've never used Syteline but when I was testing userID I logged into our software under a few different names and each time it displayed the used ID of the software login and not the windows login.

Wish I could be of more help but liek i said no Syteline experience and the experience I have with UserID worked fine.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I don't know Syteline either. :awink:

Since they are not using the USERID() function but they do seem to have some way of keeping track of an id of some sort I would assume that Syteline must have a global shared variable kicking around that holds the value. If you could find out its name you would be all set.

If you don't have the source you could try doing "strings" on the login r-code and then experimenting with any promising looking possibilities.

Jason Chen

To get user of Symix, Pls define a shared var:

define shared var cur-sym-user like user-def.sym-user.

then you can use it.:lol: