unknown sql92 error when Access query with subquery is changed

JJames100

I could use some help with an error I'm getting when trying to run a query from Access which is linked to a Progress database. :confused:

getting message:
[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Internal error0 (unknown sql92 error) in SQL from subsystem SQL92 function sql_et_pexpr_t::xec_setp called from on no pexpr from child subtree for. Save log for Progress technical support. (#-219901)

This query has worked in the past until I made a change that resulted in more records being added to a subquery it uses. There are no dups in the subquery, just more records (2120 and counting). The subquery is implemented as follows: where field in (select field2 from subqry). The query runs fine if I remove the change, which results in fewer records. Don't know if the # of recs in subquery has anything to do with or not. Anyone with ideas on this? I found only one item on the internet by searching for "unknown sql92 error" and ended up in this site - however, no answers were provided.

JJames100

Found the cause of - see details below

I had a subquery with multiple where conditions. ONE of them was: "where field = 9". This query when run, worked fine. However, when I changed it to "field = 9 or 16", while it still ran fine by itself, it was producing the above error when called as a subquery in another query.
I decided to change it to "where field in(9,16)" -- and it worked!!!

Ive' contacted DataDirect to let them know about this.