Question Unix Sco Webspeed Brokers Not Alive

I have a problem with the brokers and AdminServer of webspeed. After a while of running, when I check the adminserver with wtbman o asbman, returns the following: Adminserver is not alive. The aplication runs for a while but eventually I need to restart the database in order to keep working. If I run proadsv -start, the admin server is alive, but after one to three hours the database crashes. Neither for the admin server nor the database i,ve found error in the logs. Anyone have and idea on what's happening?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Well just for starters you're running something that is ancient, obsolete and unsupported. SCO has been dead for ages. That platform in particular is a very bad place to be. You are dependent on something from a vendor that no longer exists. You are also probably on hardware of a similar vintage. The release of Progress hasn't been revealed but I'm betting it is pretty crufty. This is not a good place to be.

I can almost hear the response already -- "it works, I don't want to change it." No, it doesn't work. And it isn't going to get any better. All of the admin server gunk depends on Java. Java, in case you haven't noticed, is a bug infested swamp. Really old Java, which you are certainly running, is even worse. Random admin server crashes are par for the course on old releases of Java. I am unlikely to ever have anything nice to say about the Java related tooling but it does get more stable if you get to something relatively modern.

You really, really need to have a plan for getting off of the platform that you are on and onto something supportable.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Guessing by the age of the system could it be that you have ran out of database extents and/or actual disk space?