Unable to complete task

Greyham

I've just come across a problem completing a task. An object was checked out into a task version 010002 status WIP. The same object was also at a status of checked in version 010003.
I've tried deleting the object then completing the task - the object is listed as being orphaned then the following messages are displayed.....
Message 1. ** Brtb_object record not on file. (138)
Message 2. ?
Complete the task anyway?
Message 3. ** Brtb_object record not on file. (138)
Message 4. Unable to complete task.
?
After this the object still shows in the task (at 010002) but not in the source folders!
Also, trying to assign it in the task to version 010003 changes nothing.

Your help in this is greatly appreciated,
Graham.

comatt1

Is the task a modification to schema or code? I have seen something similar with schema objects.

run the Unapplied Objects Report and Unapplied Changes Report, see if anything seems out of the ordinary.

For Future reference, if you want to undo the change of a second WIP, you can just delete the object (send it back to previous version 010002 ) and delete the task, the task that had version 010003 in it (don't complete the second task - 10003) - it will warn you about the change rolling back to a previous version, but you can just say yes.

I've just come across a problem completing a task. An object was checked out into a task version 010002 status WIP. The same object was also at a status of checked in version 010003.
I've tried deleting the object then completing the task - the object is listed as being orphaned then the following messages are displayed.....
Message 1. ** Brtb_object record not on file. (138)
Message 2. ?
Complete the task anyway?
Message 3. ** Brtb_object record not on file. (138)
Message 4. Unable to complete task.
?
After this the object still shows in the task (at 010002) but not in the source folders!
Also, trying to assign it in the task to version 010003 changes nothing.

Your help in this is greatly appreciated,
Graham.

These types of errors should never occur.

My suggestion would be to start your session with the -debugalert option so that you get get a stacktrace for the error. Please send the error along with your serial number and Roundtable version/platform to support-europe@roundtable-tsms.com.

Greyham

Thanks for that - I've fired off an email to support detailing the messages with relevant traces.

Graham.