The Wall Of Shame

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Debugging some code earlier and came across this little doosie!

Code:
        if entryitem.generic-flags[4] = no
        or warehouseregions.uses-locations = no then do:
            find first location no-lock use-index locn-auto no-error.
            find prev location no-lock use-index locn-auto no-error.
        end.
        else do:
            find first location no-lock use-index locn-auto-bay no-error.
            find prev location no-lock use-index locn-auto-bay no-error.
        end.

I'm not sure what it's intended to do. I can tell you what it is doing. Oh and it's inside a for each loop of around 10000 records.

KrisM

The intention of this code is that you then can do find next in a loop and the first find next will give you the first record.
Without the find prev you will skip the first record.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Trying to get something running on a customer's server. Just kept getting random errors. Eventually worked out it's because they're still running 32bit OS on their database server! Ouch!

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Eventually worked out it's because they're still running 32bit OS on their database server!
Apart from the obvious performance limitation that presents, it's also an increasing support concern.

I assume it's Windows, so at best it's Server 2008, the last 32-bit Windows Server release. It shipped almost 9 years ago, when 10.1C was the brand new release of OpenEdge. Mainstream support ended almost 2 years ago; extended support ends in 3 years. Given that server OSes aren't typically upgraded, it's probably old hardware too. Time to execute a migration plan!

ForEachInvoiceDelete

Funny fact for server 2012.

Create a proenv shortcut. Set the start-in parameter in properties to any directory.

Double click the shortcut, proenv will be in the directory but no admin privilidge to do anything.

right click run as admin.

Proenv now has admin privilidges, but starts in c:/windows/system32.

Last edited: