tabbing problems in window

andersonbd1

OK, this is probably an easy one for most of you out there. I'm having lots of trouble with this. Basically I want the enter key to correspond to a tab. I have 5 fill-in fields in a window and when the enter key is pressed I need the focus to go to the next fill-in field. The Progress Help sucks. Does anyone out there even like Progress? Well, here's what I've tried based on the help documentation and nothing has worked.

apply "entry" to fiMult2 in frame {&frame-name}.
apply "tab".
active-window:focus = widget-enter.

I thought the apply "tab" was along the right line, but nothing seems to work. Help, I'm drowning!!!

Thanks,
Ben

bendaluz2

Try this

This should work:

<code>
ON "RETURN" OF FILL-IN-1
DO:
APPLY "TAB":U TO SELF.
RETURN NO-APPLY.
END.
</code>

And yes, I Love Progress :)

laa

If you are attempting what I think you are, the answer is easy. There is a Session attribute you can set.

DATA-ENTRY-RETURN

The behavior of the RETURN key for the fill-in widgets of a frame.

Data Type: LOGICAL

Access: Readable/Writeable

Applies To: SESSION System Handle

If the DATA-ENTRY-RETURN attribute is TRUE, the RETURN key in a fill-in acts like a TAB, and if the fill-in is the last widget in the tab order of its parent frame and of all ancestor frames, the RETURN key applies a GO event to the frame (behavior prior to Version 7). This GO event, from a fill-in RETURN, propagates to all ancestor frames and their descendants, including siblings of the current frame and their descendants, all in the same frame family. If a widget is not a fill-in, the window system handles RETURN entries.

The default value is TRUE for character interfaces and FALSE for graphical interfaces.

I hope this helps. (And I must say that I am oftly fond of Progress myself.)

Anne.

There's an easier way that may suit you, particularly if you want all forms throughout your application to respond in the same way.

SESSION:DATA-ENTRY-RETURN = TRUE.

When TRUE, the return key acts like a TAB in a fill–in for the duration of the session, or while the value is true.

Incidentally, I think that Progress is the best application development environment around. I've been working with Java for the last few weeks, using JBuilder and if that's a RAD system then I'm a banana. Progress is a delight, and is child's play by comparison.