-SQLTempStoreDisk / -SQLTempDisk? Where to place this command for Merant ODBC conn?

valeron

Hi, I'd like some help to resolve the following error, when I run a crystal report off ODBC with Progress 9.1D

"Unable to allocate disk block for temp table use [MM - No data block] (7631)"

There's another thread that says I'm supposed to use the above command or/related command to increase my temp table size.
I'm not sure how/where can I set the above for my Merant ODBC connection, can someone please help me out?

Thank you

Marian EDU

Re: -SQLTempStoreDisk / -SQLTempDisk? Where to place this command for Merant ODBC con

I'm not sure how/where can I set the above for my Merant ODBC connection...

Afraid those are performance related settings that you need to set on the database server, has nothing to do with the ODBC driver itself... if needed those can be added when you start the database broker (the SQL one if you use separate ones for 4GL and SQL).
[FONT='Courier New', Courier, mono]
[/FONT]​
-SQLTempBuff
SQL Sorting Memory
Defines the size of the temporary table buffer in memory.
-SQLTempDisk
SQL Sorting on Disk
Defines the size of the temporary table for backup storage.
-SQLTempPgSize
SQL Temp Table Data Page
Defines the size of the temporary table data page.

I think the later was only added somewhere in version 10+ but I'm not much of a DBA so you'll probably get more complete answers from guys more familiar with the subject :)

valeron

Re: -SQLTempStoreDisk / -SQLTempDisk? Where to place this command for Merant ODBC con

Hi Marian.. thanks for the reply! At last some light at the end of a long n dark tunnel...
I'm afraid I'm a newbie at this, and would require more guidance unfortunately.

"if needed those can be added when you start the database broker"

How do I do that? :( You can consider me as a total noob at this... I've googled far and wide, but cant really find an answer.
Looking at the progress DBA documents also didn't help much.... I see the commands, but, I dont know where to put them in! :(

I tired putting it in a pf file, but i got an error for it... anywhere else i can do it? Im not sure.... my DB is started by Progress Explorer Tool... Or I think.. I got Progress from an App that was developed in it.

valeron

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I'd really really appreciate any help. Ok here's what i did, and I got an error when I tried to start the DB
AZLeoloWyXIXAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

B5xvGaPjyRKtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

what is -L?

valeron

I tried to set this in..
N0AAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

But I'm still getting.
yu2lUvxScKgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==