Simple Question.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi All

I'm currently testing the OE 10.2B Architect product and I noticed in the AutoEgde sample code that there is a Progress.AutoEdge.Console.exe executable. I tried to run it but off course it won't work.

However does this now mean that under OE 10.2B (using GUI for .NET) that I can compile my own executables without the need for OpenEdge runtime?

Also I've been tolled to upgrade to Architect, I can't have a 4gl Developer Licence (Linux) because all database administration are now maintained via SQL and not the native 4GL connection. Does that sound right.

Thanks.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
No, you cannot create a .exe. I've not looked at it so I could be full of malarkey but that autoedge console is probably a C# program or some such thing, perhaps intended to demonstrate integration with outside technologies.

Data admin via SQL is BS. That isn't happening. Somebody is very, very confused. They may be somehow confusing "OpenEdge Explorer" (which is the replacement for Progress Exploder and a web based GUI tool for starting, stopping & managing the db...) with Data Administration (adding tables, fields, indexes & such, dumping & loading, security etc, etc.).

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I found the .exe file to be "Windows Form" client sample application.

Thanks for the info.