Question about the old look and feel of PT.com

tdi

Progress Fan
Hi....

just wondering.

you changed the look and feel of the site, and i cannot customize it, (i think), cause the colours are somewhat heavy.... have you tought about the cultural implications about that?

The one thing that i really miss, is the chance to get the new posts just when you opened the page. now i've to look room by room, and even sometimes i can't find my onws posts...

Thanks any comment..

Octavio

jongpau

Hi Octavio,

You can view all new posts by clicking a link in the top right of the main page (underneath where it says "Welcome back: yourname" there should be a link "View New Posts".

Good luck!

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Octavio,

As Paul pointed out, the View New Posts will get a listing of all posts that are new since you're last visit. I am also looking at adding back some of the other features that were on the old home pages.

I also added an option to use the old progresstalk.com colors of light/dark blue. Just go into your user control panel, and Edit Options. At the very bottom, there is a selectable style set, you can choice either default or the old progresstalk.com style from there.

tdi

Progress Fan
thanks

HI there!!!

Thanks for the new option, i checked yesterday that option and it didn't had it, you just added, didn't you?

Thanks.
I'll stick to my "old-friend" ligth color schema.

by the way, now i've choosed that one, i see that the scroll bars of the windows i use for surfing this site, are blue-colored!!!.
is it a characteristic, a bug or something? also just yesterday i installed ie 6.0... this difference in color is because i have msn.com on other window rigth now, and that windows have their scrolls on regular gray...

Octavio

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Re: thanks

Originally posted by tdi
Thanks for the new option, i checked yesterday that option and it didn't had it, you just added, didn't you?

Yes, I just added it today since I still had everything for that color scheme, and it was pretty easy to add it as an alternative style.

by the way, now i've choosed that one, i see that the scroll bars of the windows i use for surfing this site, are blue-colored!!!.
is it a characteristic, a bug or something? also just yesterday i installed ie 6.0...

The scroll bar colors have been that way for a while, but you can only see them with IE 5.5 or above (I believe).... it's done with a little CSS (you'll see it if you view the source code for this page):

Code:
<style type="text/css">
BODY {
	SCROLLBAR-BASE-COLOR: #FF9900;
	SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #003366;
}
</style>

tdi

Progress Fan
Hi.

Incredible how fast you type, or at least, how fast you have the answers... :)

I wanted to ask you about a hard topic i'm facing right now, but this is no the place to ask (is about the menu system for an app), but i click on the online icon, but take me to yahoo, and i don't use that...

any chance?

Thanks