Querying Progress DB from MSAccess

SSuhaib

Hi All,

We manage to do ODBC connection and when I try to connect from MSAccess to a sports2000 DB table (customer), it throws error "Reserved error (-7748); there is no messsage for this error". Where as if I connect to any SYS* table it connects.

How can I view records from "customer" table using MSAccess? Any ideas,

Thanks in advance.

RealHeavyDude

It would be helpful if you would include the version of Progress/OpenEdge you are running an the select statement you tried to execute.

BTW - you don't connect to any database table, instead you connect to the database ...

I suspect you are ( assuming you are using Progress V9+ with the OCBC driver shipped with that version ) missing the PUB schema. But that's just a guess.

Did you setup the database to support SQL92 access accordingly?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

add sysprogress user in progress db and connect witj login sysprogress and password assigned to sysprogress user in progress db.

atopher1

Have a look at the following workaround. Worked for me for Access 2007/10.2b

ID: P116845 - Title: "Reserved error -7748 when attempting to link a OpenEdge 10.1x Database table in Microsoft Access"

Code:
To resolve this error, set WorkArounds2=8192 for the affected data source. This can be done by using the Registry Editor
1.	Run regedit
2.	Locate the ODBC DSN in the Registry:
a.	For a USER Data Source, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> ODBC -> ODBC.INI -> YourDataSourceName
b.	For a SYSTEM Data Source, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> ODBC -> ODBC.INI -> YourDataSourceName
c.	For 32-bit applications (ODBC drivers) on 64-bit Windows, (MACHINE) Data Source, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> ODBC -> ODBC.INI -> YourDataSourceName
3.	Click on the folder for your data source; from the menu choose Edit -> New -> String Value
4.	Set the name of the new string value to be WorkArounds2
5.	Double click on WorkArounds2 in the right hand panel; this will bring up a dialog box with a data value field
6.	Change the data value to 8192 (The string value that must be added to Windows XP SP2 and Progress 10.1A02 is WorkArounds2=40960)
7.	Click OK
8.	Close RegEdit

NOTE: When using a FILE DSN, simply open the (text) FILE DSN with your favourite text editor, add the following string to its contents (without quotes and using the appropriate (integer) value for <nnnnn>: "WorkArounds2=<nnnnn>". Save the file.

SSuhaib

But I dont see the metaschema tables such as _file here. Is there a way to run a query against these tables