Progress Network/connection log files

mfxvenkat

Hi

I am new to Progress database. One of my clients has got a Progress database (ver 9) running on Solaris box. We have supplied a product to them which queries information from their Progress database. We use OLE DB provider to connect to the Progress database from our product. For some reasons, the connection gets lost and the application hangs. I want to know few things, if anyone can help me.
  1. Is there any network connection log file in Progress that I can see for the details? I am looking for a log file similar to listener.log in Oracle database.
  2. What are the log files that come with a Progress database and where are they located?
Thanks very much

jongpau

Generally there is a file with the extension ".lg" in the directory where your database is located. The log file will have the same name as your database files (except for the extension). So if your database is named "mydatabase" there should be a log file named "mydatabase.lg".

HTH

mfxvenkat

Thanks Paul. But my question is, "Will this log file <databasename>.lg contain logs for the connections as well?" Will this log file record details about the success and failure of client connections to the database? In Oracle, listener.log tracks all connections (success and failure) to the database. Similarly, is there any log file in Progress server? Or will the same <databasename>.lg file store all information ?

I looked into the <databasename>.lg file but can't remember seeing any entries about those failed conenctions.

Thanks in advance