[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Webspeed Pasoe - How Do I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Clay

Just about all of my experience developing web services in ABL so far has been using Progress Data Objects - these have worked for me up to a point, but after attending a talk at the UK PUG conference that went into some detail on the new object-oriented WebSpeed, I'm interested in seeing if this might be a better approach. I've got up and running with an instance of PASOE and the default WebHandler, but something that's confusing me somewhat is that it seems like the only way to map a URI to a different handler in Developer Studio is by creating an entirely new service and adding it to the server. This seems strange compared to how it works with Data Objects (a single service, you just tick/untick the resources you want to be included). I'm aware that it's possible to map the handlers manually through openedge.properties or OpenEdge Explorer (and I assume this is how you'd do it in production), but if there's an easier way of doing this in development, I'd like to take advantage of it! So effectively, my question is: is adding a service to the project per handler the intended way of doing things, or is there an easier way I'm missing? (Additionally, I'd appreciate if anyone could direct me to any more in-depth documentation on the new WebSpeed - all I've been able to find so far are the sections under "Pacific Application Server for OpenEdge" in the main docs, but it doesn't seem to go into a lot of detail!)

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.