[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Running Eclipse / Pdsoe On High...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Fechner

This here fixed the issue with mini sized toolbar buttons in PDSOE on high DPI screens (Surface 4 pro) for me. As I didn't find it in the k-base I thought I share https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=421383 See the comment there by Matthew Cochrane "For those with problems on high dpi displays such as Surface Pro 3 or Yoga 2 Pro, you can easily resolve this until eclipse is updated to work with high DPI displays in just two steps. 1) Tell Windows to ignore settings from within applications (which are clearly wrong, since the UI is unusable) if a "manifest" file is available. Open registry editor and create the following DWORD registry key: Enable Windows to prioritise external manifests by creating and setting this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\PreferExternalManifest (DWORD) to 1 2) Create a "manifest" file that tells Windows that Evernote is not using high dpi UI: Create the file eclipse.exe.manifest with the contents of the attachment to this bug "Manifest file to fix this issue on high DPI displays" and place it in the same folder as eclipse.ex. You may need to reboot your computer before starting Eclipse again. Your UI is now normal! Icons are correct sizes and all." My eclipse.exe.manifest file is here. eclipse

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.