[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE - intermittent issue ("Error loading the .NET runtime. (14081)")

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura Stern

>>>When you say the "first call to anything in .NET", then are you referring to the first call in the entire life of the agent process? I mean the first call from a particular session, not the whole agent process. >>>Given that the appdomain was loaded and initialized many days ago, it doesn't make sense for us to be getting the message "Error loading the .Net runtime". I suspect the message is trying to describe a different problem which is ABL-session-specific. Yes, that's what I already surmised - that it is probably not about the .NET runtime at all. >>>As far as the load factor goes, I'm wondering if there is contention between ABL sessions as they try to hook into the pre-existing runtime. The more rapidly the ABL sessions are started, the more likely we might encounter errors? We really can't answer this until we know what the problem is. If we could get a better error message, we would at least have some clue! >>>Will the parameter which you referenced, -preloadCLR, affect the behavior of all the individual ABL sessions, or does it only impact the outer agent process (by initializing the CLR app domain on a one-time basis)? That parameter was referenced in the forums earlier, and the developer said it didn't change matters and they continued to see this same message ( see community.progress.com/.../34331 ) This would affect the behavior of each ABL session. i.e., When a session starts up, it would to this initialization. However, after the first session, the .NET framework would already be loaded into the process, so it would only be other internal initialization that would occur. The loading of the framework happens kind of automagically! We don't actually have code that does it. We just call into the CLR bridge, and voila, there it is (or not!). >>> My tech support engineer wants me to supply a consistent reproducible and I still don't have one. Do you have any clues about how I might create a reproducible, even an artificial one? I'm sorry, but I really don't. So I think the first step is to prioritize getting that message fixed. If the TSE balks, you can tell him/her to talk to me! >>>As a side, I also opened another tech support case (00470446) about a substantial memory leak in the ms-agent process that seems to be related to the CLR bridge. ... What version are you on? We just fixed 3 different .NET-related memory leak issues in 11.7.4 and an 11.7.3 hot fix. Could be one of these. Or something else?? :-(

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.