[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Pacific Appserver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ssaulius123

Hi Mike and Julian, Sorry for slow answer. We have quite hard period now on my site (before Christmas is very huge client load and we have a lot of extra maintenance work). Your answers was quite helpful. I add shortly, for what I find time: 1. chown -R progress:developers /opt/app/pacific11.6/servers/paseo (as Julian propose) 2. Setup my environment (DLC, PATH) 3. $DLC/servers/pasoe/bin/tcman.sh create /u1/pasoe/ssaulius (with non-root user) 4. Then I can: a. /u1/pasoe/ssaulius/bin/tcman.sh list – work b. /u1/pasoe/ssaulius/bin/tcman.sh start – work c. /u1/pasoe/ssaulius/bin/tcman.sh stop – work with warning about memory leak (most probable our main development server have too many other services running) d. /u1/pasoe/ssaulius/bin/tcman.sh info – doesn’t work: “Server manager not installed - serverinfo action aborted” Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week try to find time, what is it mean. What I find more, that all articles like knowledgebase.progress.com/.../How-to-setup-a-Pacific-AppServer-within-a-Production-Pacific-AppServer-installation-for-REST-Transport or knowledgebase.progress.com/.../How-to-setup-a-Pacific-AppServer-within-a-Production-Pacific-AppServer-installation-for-APSV-Transport ... ...mention, that for setup you need to use OE management: (go to http://servername:9090/ and click+click+click...). It is not very good for our environment (some services we need to setup up to 9 environment's). I believe, that there is possibility to do it through scripts (I really like this tcman.sh command-line), but I can't find more or less simple "step by step" instructions how to do it (install progress, chmod and tweak something in $DLC, tcman.sh create..., vi some_properties and so on). If someone from you have some links, it will be very helpfull. Because otherwise I need to go itself. But I don't believe, that there is no sites, which have more then 2 environments with quite complex architecture. ;-) Thank you for you answers. Lovely Christmas and Happy New Year, Saulius

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.