[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Configuring Dataserver To...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamali

I have been following a (somewhat outdated?) tutorial http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P22754 to get access from our UNIX system to an SQL database on this server. It seems the instructions in the tutorial do not cover setting up a UNIFIED broker that will always remain available. So far, I have: 1. created an SQL database (BarcodeHQ) with information that I need to access/test 2. created a system DSN with the default database being BarcodeHQ (named it myDSN) 3. Configured a schema holder (mySchemaHolder), using the tables I need from the database in step 1 From here, the instructions seem to show how to configure the DataServer Broker, but the DBA who was helping us out did not follow this (since the broker session would die once the terminal was closed). He instead set up a unified broker (mssbroker1). Unfortunately I didn't follow along very well... So my next questions would be: 1. Do we need to set up a new broker for the new schema we created, or can we use the same unified broker? If so, how do I check the status of that unified broker? 2. What are my next steps to set this up (how do I service the broker to accept remote connections?)? 3. We'll be connecting directly from within a program on the UNIX box, using the "CONNECT " command, so given our DSN, schemaholder and broker names, what will our connection string be? I may need more details than the average poster, as I'm unfamiliar with the dba side of things (I'm more heavily involved in development within a nice safe (and previously configured) environment). Thanks

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.