Problems with XML functions via webSpeed

pmac

Hi,

I am trying to set up an simple application module in WebSpeed, which does exports and imports via XML. It works all fine on Win NT, except the problems with encoding(?)
Each time I assign node-value from XML to table buffer, the string which I assigned is not the same. Speciffically it causes problems with string "VÝČET"
which converts to "VÝČET " with some white character at the end. The original string is 5 characters long, but the new one has 6 characters. The last character varies: sometimes it is new line, sometimes it is carr. return, and sometimes it is something *randomly chosen* from utf-8 table.
I made a workaround which works *most* times - right-trim().
Still, *most* times is not good enough;-)

However very eary I run into problems with WebSpeed agent on UNIX platform. Upon looping through the XML node it raises an error 49 - SYSTEM ERROR - memory violation, which can mean anything from bad .r file to Progress bug - that says the log file.
webSpeed shows this:
WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Msngr: Disconnecting with no header on WTA output web stream. (5814)

I have absolutley no idea what to do with it.
The same algorithm works well on NT platform

I am new to Progress 4GL, can anybody help?

Thanx

P. Knoetze

We have similar problems in that some code will run fine on our test box (Linux) but the exact same code causes a Memory Violation on our live box (also running on Linux).

I know it is a loooong while since you posted this message... but did you manage to solve your problem?

We are absolutely stumped as well... Any help will be greatly appreciated!!