problem with assign

StoneKeeper

hi,
can anybody help me with that problem:

i wrote some programmcode for the creation of an stream text file. the code works fine and creates the textfile in a correct way on the correct directory.

But if i try to change anything in the connected database during the runtime - nothing happens anymore - no textfile is created.

e.g.
if i try an assign invoicestatus = iNewinvoiceStatus.

something goes wrong with the hole thing. if i remark that out, the programm works correct.

If i try to debug the code, it works until a correct codeposition, then it seems, that the debuger does not know, where it is.

i use progress 8.3a.

thanks in advance for your help

Hi Stonekeeper,

maybe you can test if the assignment is ok by using the NO-ERROR option with the assignment. After this you can check if an error raises by checking ERROR-STATUS:ERROR.

This is the only thing I can think of, it's a strange situation.

Hope this helps.

StoneKeeper

strange problem...

hi henry,
thank you for your advice. i have tried a lot of thins in the meantime, also the error-status:error option. In fact id do not know what is going wrong.

Now i have tried to split up the code in an additional internal procedure - and it works fine.

the bad situation is, that i have no idea what was wrong (no error messages from the compiler or during runtime before)

anyhow, thanks a lot and a nice weekend to you
stonekeeper