[notice] child pid 32974 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

avdwilk

Hello,

i have a problem getting information from a progress database,
connecting goes fine, but when i do a query i got the following error:
[notice] child pid 32974 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

does anyone know how to handle this problem?

regards alex

bulklodd

Usually this sort of problem has got to do with the progress bugs. Unfortunately you didn't specify your progress version but I suppose it isn't 9.1E, is it? Try to apply the latest progress patch to your current version I think it will be enough.

I reckon there're workarounds but I need to see your code producing the error to give a piece of advice.

lord_icon

RE:
i have a problem getting information from a progress database,
connecting goes fine

How do you know connection is fine?

when i do a query i got the following error
You obviousley are NOT conected just fine, if you can not interrogate the DB.

Write a noddy proc that will confirm if you ARE connected or not. A simple FOR EACH on a table, DISPLAY field would do this. Try this to establish if you ARE really connected to the DB then come back with ANY error.

avdwilk

I am connected to the database, i wrote the following programm to connect:

<?php //connect.php
putenv("ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini");
putenv("OPL_LICENSE_DIR=/m/openlink/bin");
putenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/m/openlink/lib:/m/progress91e/dlc/lib");
putenv("OPENLINKINI=/m/openlink/bin/openlink.ini");
putenv("ODBCINSTINI=/etc/odbcinst.ini");
putenv("LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1");

/*verbinding maken met progress database */
$connect_id = odbc_pconnect("MyDb","SYSTEEM","SYSTEEM","SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC");

if (!$connect_id)
{
echo "Unable to connect to Progress database<br>";
}
else
{
echo "connected to progress";
}
?>

and when i Call this programm it says connected to progress.

this is my programm:

<?php
require("connect.php");
$ifx_sql = "Select cd_hfdmapnr from PUB.\"ep-100\";
$sql_result = odbc_do($connect_id, $ifx_sql);
$num_fields=odbc_num_fields($sql_result);
if($num_fields>0)
{
while(odbc_fetch_row($sql_result))
{
echo $dossier = odbc_result($sql_result,1);
echo $ref_opdr = addslashes(odbc_result($sql_result,2));
}
}
?>

The reason that i know that i am well connected is that when i execute the programm from the command line like: php getdata.php
it works, but when i call the getdata in my webbrowser i get a segmentationfault (11)

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I dont no much of PHP but this statement:
Code:
ifx_sql = "Select cd_hfdmapnr from PUB.\"ep-100\";
seems to be missing a quote....

Regards,

casper.

P.S. always state your Progress version and service pack level. Since you are using ED :)-)) I suppose you are on 9.1D06....

avdwilk

That's not the problem

Yes a quote is missing, i copied half of the select string so it isn't very long. But the problem still remains..

regards alex

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Well, I thought I try :)

But it seems like you got a problem with PhP there and not with the Progress database. The error you get is a php error isn't it?

Try to connect and run the query in one procedure, and start with a simple query like the one you have in your example (with the extra quote). It looks like you don't have a connection when you try to execute the sql statement.

Regards,

Casper.

avdwilk

combination

It looks like a there is a problem with the version of progress, php and apache. If i execute my programm via the commandline: php getdata.php then i see the data on my screen, but when i call it in my webbrowser via apache then the segmentation fault occurs.

I'm using progress 9.1e version, are there any patches for this version? php 5.04 and apache 2.054

regards alex

JeremyGiberson

We experienced a very similar issue to this when we were configuring our new webserver. If it the same issue we were having you can fix the issue by recompiling apache with the correct options.

Unfortunately I do not have the link to the original article that explained what was causing the issue, but you can try to find it yourself.

With us the issue was mpm-prefork, as soon as we recompiled with out it the segfaults went away.

Here is a look at our build flags
USE="apache2 ldap ssl -debug -doc -mpm-itk -mpm-leader -mpm-peruser -mpm-prefork -mpm-threadpool -mpm-worker -no-suexec -static-modules -threads"

If you are using a precompiled version of apache you may be SOL.