Multiple module Object Group assign

jarrath

Hi,

Is there a way of assigning multiple modules to a specific Object Group using a .csv file to input the list of required modules, or would there be any other way of doing this rather than selecting one module at a time and editing the Object Group?

Current version of RoundTable we're using is 10.1C04.

Thanks & Regards,
Jarrath

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question.

Each Object has a group and each Object belongs to a Module. So, an Object Group is essentially a child of a Module which means that Modules cannot be assigned to Groups.

Although directly editing the data is not recommended, you can set the Object Group by modifying rtb_object.obj-group. You could easily query all the Objects for a particular Module and set the group as needed. Editing the data directly beyond something simple like this could render your repo database unsupportable so proceed with caution.

jarrath

Hi,
Maybe its the way our RoundTable is set up. I'll try and give an example of what I mean.

A workspace module usually has the following:

Group Object Type Product Module Version Status Share

However if we want to add a module a Group we have to go to File --> Edit Object Group and then type in the Group we want..
I'm trying to find out if theres a way to assign an Object Group to multiple modules in one go...