Invoice printing and OMR

LindanJW

I'm new to Syteline, we're on 6.0.1 and have no OMR on the invoices. we're not able to use any type of mail machine except for single page invoices. I'd appreciate how others have solved this for multiple page invoices.

Thanks,

Lindan
lwharton@cardiacscience.com

LindanJW

OMR is Optical Mark Recognition.
One use of it would be to place a mark on the invoice to tell a mail machine that is equiped with OMR how many pages to pull/count/fold into the envelope.

I'm not an IT person, but in Finance and need this feature in our printing of invoices. I don't know how it gets there, only that it does.

Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

Lindan
lwharton@cardiacscience.com

longhair

Lindan,
i do not think there is anything native to syteline to do this.
are you printing your invoices straight to a printer or out to a file first?
the best suggestions i have are:
to print to a file use another script (vb script, unix shell - depending on your os) and develop logic to mark the pages.
alternately use the 'total' field as your OMR since this only prints on the last page of an invoice.
regards,
longhair

LindanJW

So I can take the invoice print output and move it into another type of file to add the OMR? If I did this, could I also (in this output file) resort the invoices to print in a different sequence? Instead of invoices number sequence, by someother sort?

This would solve multiple issues in one solution.

longhair

Lindan,
yes you could. you would just need to develop the logic / program / script to do it.
we currently put our invoices out to a file, then run scripts againts it to add additional data, along with a laserjet form number so our logo will print on them.
regards,
longhair

LindanJW

Thank you!

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Knowing that I can resort the data to print in another solves additional issues.

I appreciate your time. Being new to Syteline and coming from SAP I'm having a bit of culture shock.

longhair

Lindan,

glad to be of help.
just navigate to the invoice screen and check out the help file.
you can redirect invoices to 'f' c:\your file name
regards,
longhair